Vitacost Ratings and Reviews

Product Reviews

Honeybee Gardens Nail Enamel Manhattan -- 0.5 fl oz

Water colors™. Water-based. Unique water-based polish is totally odor-free. No more nasty fumes. But perhaps best of all there's also no need for toxic smelly nail polish remover - this product removes with rubbing alcohol vodka/grain alcohol or our new odorless polish remover. Thanks to our new patented technology there's nothing else like it on the market.  Odorless non-toxic earth-friendly formula long wearing fabulous colors contains no:fd&c colors toluene dibutyl phthalate xylene or formaldehyde. Comes in 16 great colors to match our truly natural lipsticks: shiny penny camelot romance risque desire vintage merlot san francisco hippie chick valentine mocha latte goddess tuscany cherokee moulin rouge fairy dust and clear.
Overall rating:
3.25 / 5
3.3
 / 
5
(4 reviews) 4
Open Ratings Snapshot
Rating breakdown 4 reviews
5 Stars
0
4 Stars
2
3 Stars
1
2 Stars
1
1 Star
0
3 out of 4(75%)customers recommend this product.
Customer reviews for Honeybee Gardens Nail Enamel Manhattan -- 0.5 fl oz
Review 1 for Honeybee Gardens Nail Enamel Manhattan -- 0.5 fl oz
Overall rating:
2 / 5
2 / 5
NaturalBeautyJourney
fromHouston, TX
Age:25-34
Gender:Female
Wonderfully Odorless, BUT.....
 December 28, 2013
"The product is definitely odorless which is awesome. The color range is limited, but pretty. I could be painting my nails right there in bed while my husband watches TV and there is no irritating smell of chemicals for us which is convenient to be able to paint anywhere and not disturb others! But....the staying power is definitely lacking due to it being water based. By the second day after going to my office job and then handwashing a few dishes when i got home--the polish was already peeling off! :( Thank goodness, Vitacost has a wonderful return policy which allows people to try it out. I returned my polishes for a refund. The BEST natural brand of nail polish with staying power, color range, and free of the most harmful chemicals is the brand called ZOYA. I wish Vitacost carried Zoya! (maybe in the future??) :)"
+2points
2of 2voted this as helpful.
Review 2 for Honeybee Gardens Nail Enamel Manhattan -- 0.5 fl oz
Overall rating:
4 / 5
4 / 5
MrsMe
fromCentral WA
Age:25-34
Gender:Female
Gorgeous Red, but Chips
 September 20, 2013
"I have used different Honeybee Gardens nail polish off and on for years. I don't know if they've changed or I've forgotten, but it really chipped fast on my toes. I don't paint my fingers since I have to fish lint and grout and who knows what else out of the baby's mouth all day. It seems like it's really dry. And a top/base coat and clean nails don't make a real difference."
0points
0of 0voted this as helpful.
Review 3 for Honeybee Gardens Nail Enamel Manhattan -- 0.5 fl oz
Overall rating:
3 / 5
3 / 5
Bboo0
Non-toxic ingredients but poor performance
 June 30, 2012
"I read the review which said this polish chips and peels off right away but I wanted to try it anyway because the ingredient list sounded so great compared to any other nail polish I have seen. It turns out, the reviews were accurate. This won't work for my fingernails because of the peeling and chipping, but it did last on my toenails for maybe a week. Therefore, I still recommend it as a toe polish."
+3points
3of 3voted this as helpful.
Review 4 for Honeybee Gardens Nail Enamel Manhattan -- 0.5 fl oz
Overall rating:
4 / 5
4 / 5
Value:
4 / 5
4 / 5
Quality:
4 / 5
4 / 5
Effectiveness:
4 / 5
4 / 5
NDnyc
Age:55-64
Gender:Female
Referral source:Self-referred
Duration of use:30-60 days
LOVE THE NON-SMELL
 January 19, 2011
"My daughter and I were so pleasantly surprised that there was NO SMELL at all. NO TOXIC FUMES. This was a big plus. The polish did seem to wear off quickly but I am not sure how many coats my daughter put on.
If you don't like the toxic fumes of regular nail polish this is the product for you. My daughter doesn't wear it very often so I can't comment on durability. I definitely recommend it though, for the health value. Regular nail polish is so deadly toxic."
+1point
1of 1voted this as helpful.